Spring has turned into summer, summer has already turned into Back To School sales, and I have continued on my path of being a total slacker of a blogger. Wondering what has been going on with me and the family? Here is the short version:
- Porter turned 5 and had a Lego themed birthday party.
- We bought our dream house and moved in May. We love love LOVE it here! I will be removing wallpaper for the rest of my days, but man, we truly found our home!
- Miss Quinn turned 1 in June! We had a small party for her during which she discovered the wonders of cupcakes. She is 13 months now, has 12 teeth and has been cruising for two months. She is just now trying to stand unassisted. She says: Hi! and Hey! and Daddy!
- Aaron took the kids to Florida to spend time with his family while I headed to Connecticut to spend time with my brother and to attend a wedding. I have never spent that much time away from the kids before and it was both difficult and freeing. I did get to see lots of old friends that I haven’t seen since leaving CT so that was really great. Aaron got to spend time with both his sisters together (first time since ’07) and the kids got to meet some relatives they have never met! Aaron leveled up on the Parenting front, taking both kids on a plane by himself (Quinn’s first time.) It went well…except for Quinn puking all over Aaron on the flight home.
- Speaking of my better half, he has been home with the kids full-time this summer while I have been working. Seriously, he is earning all the Parenthood achievement badges this summer.
- This July we watched a fabulous July 4th parade, went to an amusement/water park, ran through the sprinkler, ate popsicles on the front porch swing, took walks through the neighborhood, and just enjoying being with each other.
- I’ve been working on making over Porter’s room. Theme? SPACE! If I get my act together, I may do a whole post about that here on the blog. Would that be something you would want to read about?
New things on our horizon?
- Porter starts Kindergarten at the end of August! Remember back in the day when this blog was about me being pregnant with him?! Yeah, me too. I can’t believe school days are already here for him.
- New things are in the works for me too, but I don’t want to say too much until details are solidified and all systems are GO. I’m excited about it, but I don’t want to get ahead of myself, so I will wait to tell you anything more. No, I am not pregnant!
- Thinking about setting up a blog Twitter account again. What do you think — yea or nay?
Until next time, I leave you with Quinn’s 13 month photo: