Sorry that is has been so long since I have posted. It has been a busy two months: adjusting to working full-time with two kids, husband turning in all of his stuff for tenure, lots of laundry. I have been focusing on family and work and that is pretty much it. It has been difficult to muster up the energy to blog since whenever I get a spare moment in the evening I choose to hang out with Aaron or sleep.
I know that I am two months behind on Quinn’s monthly updates, so here is a short overview:
- Quinn’s first two teeth came in simultaneously just after she turned five months old. Her brother got his first tooth at 4.5 months, but that was only one tooth. Girlfriend is efficient and busted out two at once!
- She is in size 9 month clothes and is growing fast.
- She is in size 3 diapers and is about 18 lbs.
- Quinn continues to be fascinated with her brother Porter. He loves to make her laugh and she thinks he is the funniest person in the world.
- She is getting really good at grabbing things. And then throwing things. She also grabs my hair and tries to eat it.
- Since she can roll around now, she prefers to sleep on her tummy.
- She has had both rice cereal and oatmeal but isn’t really crazy about either of them. I still haven’t gotten her to eat more than a few bites. The teachers at daycare have better luck with that. But Porter wasn’t into baby food until six months so I am not really worried. She definitely is a good eater otherwise.
- Little lady still does not consistently sleep through the night. On a related note: I’m tired.
The little man of the house…
- Porter loves all things about the solar system. It is all he talks about right now.
- He is slowly trying and liking new foods. Thank goodness!
- He loves doting on his sister.
- He understands that we will probably move next year in the late spring/early summer and has plenty of opinions on what our new house needs.
- We still have issues with Porter not listening (happening at school too.) This started shortly after Quinn was born and about the time a lot of his friends at preschool left/changed schools. Don’t know if there is some sort of attention deficit issue or if this is just typical four year old boy behavior.
- He loves maps and puzzles. He has a puzzle of the United States and knows in which states his relatives live.
- Talking. About the solar system. So much talking.
- He likes to sing along with songs on the radio and has strong opinions about what songs he likes or doesn’t like (totally gets that from me.)
- Still working on his eye sight issues. He now has to wear his patch four hours a day (up from two.) Doctor says he isn’t making progress as quickly as he did in those first two months with the patch. The “lazy” eye also drifts now–a side effect of the patching. In a few months we will find out if he needs eye therapy.
And as for me, I’m really good. Postpartum depression is nowhere to be seen. I get about 6-7 hours of sleep a night. I still have about 10 lbs of baby weight to lose and I am guessing I am not going to really try to lose it during the holidays. I am liking my new job quite a bit and I love the class I am teaching. My life is very full and I am very happy! Is my house a mess? Sure. But my family is well-loved and well-fed and I am really enjoying each day I have with them. I feel very lucky for all that I have: a great husband, a full-time job doing something I love, two adorable kids. Yeah, more sleep would be nice, but I’m dealing without it!
Hope to go not so long between posts, but no guarantees! Thanks for reading!